Wednesday, September 1

Too Fast

As I was talking with my doctor today, he asked why I didn't bring Carter with me. While Carter usually attends my appointments, my last experience, also being the first time I met this new doctor, Carter screamed through the entire hour appointment. I think the doctor was on edge the entire time, therefore I left him home. (The sweet nurse came in and took him while we finished up. When I went to get him he was still screaming as she was coming out of a dark room. She said she tried to calm him in the pitch black room...I forgot to tell her he is afraid of the dark. Ooops!)
Anyway, when meeting with the Doc today, he was a bit bummed I didn't bring him in and counseled me that our children's early years go by too fast. It is difficult to keep up and we must savor each moment. He then told me that he would give anything to rewind time and have back the moments when his children, now 9,7,and4, were little. He said that he worked too much and has since learned that nothing matters but our little ones and spending time with them. He was so tender hearted and sincere. It made me stop and think that even though my children drain every once of energy out of me, and I think this is a difficult time, things are only going to get harder and that I need to treasure the time NOW.
As I edited these photos, I couldn't help but think, he is 1 already! It felt like just yesterday I took Little C's newborn photos. Time really does fly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A Little Yoga.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Enjoy your little ones today.

1 comment:

Terina said...

it does go way too fast! At least we've done a good job of documenting it! Thanks so much